Friday, July 1, 2011

Where ever we are. 

Yesterday we did something called missionary hands where we go house to house to help people with anything they might need. It's so awesome to go into the houses and experience the everyday life of the people here! I got to help dig a post hole with a double shovel and machete which I used to get the clay dirt off the shovel. Then we helped a woman wash dishes traditional style just a bucket of water and a little piece of soap. 

Last night was probably the worst night of sleep I think I have ever experienced we're staying on a church floor which I have done before but I woke up at 3 this morning freezing and feeling extremely sick I still have no idea why, but out bathrooms are outside and I didn't know how to open the church doors so I laid there for hours to get up at 6 to get a bucket shower which consists of a bucket of water that you pour on yourself. 

So far it has been sweet where ever we are in el Salvador. I actually got to preach tonight it was pretty awesome. I can't wait to reach the kids tomorrow! 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds awesome, minus the bucket shower and the suffering on the ground...that's not so great :/

    ReplyDelete