Thursday, July 21, 2011

The sole purpose 

So I made it back to el Salvador safely! After 21 hours of traveling I am with my home church. We did some street ministry today at a couple schools and a town I worked in for the past 3 years it's awesome to see the kids grow up over the years. 

The last school we were in brought me back to the sole purpose of why I'm here. The kids were so loving! I had two little girls on each side hugging me with a little boy on my lap also hugging me during one of the dramas the one said she needed prayer for her sick grandmother and the other said she needed prayer for her sick sister and then the boy looked up at me and told me his dad is an alcoholic and his home life is "malo" which means bad. He didn't want to let go of me. Usually when a child reacts that way it's because they are abused. I'm finally understanding the language which is the hardest part not because I'm confused but it's hard to look into the eyes of a child who is telling a perfect stranger how broken his home life is. 

Ahhh words can't describe my emotions. Please keep me in prayer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment