Monday, June 7, 2010
a sea of orange
The past couple days have been incredible. Rider didn't win any games but it was an awesome experience. They played in front of over 7,200 texas fans. Baseball is a big deal down here. During Rider's second game I met a Phillies scout. At first I thought he was one of the parents on Tyler's team haha but then I saw his ring. He let me wear the national championship ring (picture soon to follow) Of course after telling Tyler about the encouter and my bragging about having a picture with the ring we walk into his hotel lobby and there sits the Phillies scout I talked to at the game. What were the odds! So yes now Tyler has a picture with the ring also haha. Tyler was able to talk to him for a while and I know he enjoyed it! I went to five games and the longhorns ended up winning the regional last night. It is extremely hot here even after the sun goes down. I was sitting in the shade for most of the games and still managed to get burnt. Although it is hot here Austin is a beautiful city and I had so much fun this week. Texas is definitely one of my favorite places to be. Tyler left yesterday morning and will leave for Kansas tomorrow. I won't see him until August now. As for me, I leave for Kansas tonight around 1130 and I will not get there until tomorrow evening. I'm totally not looking forward to it! I then leave on Tuesday morning for El Salvador. I'll let you guys know when I make it to Wichita! Thank you for you love and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment