Thursday, July 8, 2010
Orphanage
We just boarded the bus after leaving an orphanage. I'm writing to you through tears right now. There were 15 kids and they plan on shutting it down soon because they can't get funding. The woman who is running the place told us she came in to replace the owner who was abusing the kids. When we walked in and introduced ourselves we knew it wasn't like any other program. One of the girls on our team went up to a litle girl around 3-4 years old and said hi and touched her knee as she said it. The little girl instantly pushed her hand away and was scared. These kids were abused on all levels and they weren't just kids there were teenage girls too. You can't deny the presence of abuse. The kids seem lifeless. We did a program and prayed for them. There wasn't a dry eye in the place. The girl that I was praying for was named Marianna and she was 11. She was so beautiful. She cried her eyes out while I was holding her. I told her that Jesus loves her and that they werent just words but that he will always be there with open arms no matter what her situation may be and no matter what she has been through. It's the hardest thing in the world to say good bye and walk away. I hope I never become immune to this reality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment