Sunday, July 4, 2010
Mega Dia
Everything has been going well. We got here a couple nights ago. A taranchula welcomed us into our room and my mattress is infested with bed bugs but at least I have one. Yesterday was "The Big Day" here in Nicaragua. They went out and picked up a bunch of kids from different areas to come and have a day of fun. We had over 700 kids come to the campus and we had a massive field full of games. So they don't exactly have lawn mowers in nicaragua because they use machetes. The missionaries own one but the lawn keeper used car oil and flooded out the filter with primer everytime it stopped, which was about every 7 minutes. But dad you would be proud I cut the field and 4 hours later ended up in a thunderstorm running with the mower for cover. I ended up showering outside because that's how much it poured. Yesterday was incredible there were kids absolutely everywhere. I ran the water volleyball court. The kids had so much fun. I talked to a group of girls for hours and that's a big deal because I can't speak Spanish! They were teaching me different words and games. We took the team that is here from Georgia out for ice cream last night which was awesome but our bus got stuck trying to pull into the place...3rd time. We had to get out and push lol Well happy 4th to everyone at home! I can't wait to see y'all. I love you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment